KIDNEY WALK & CELEBRATION EVENTS
Interested in Volunteering?
Click Here To Volunteer
- Participate in the annual Kidney Celebration events as an Individual Walker, Team Captain, or as a volunteer on walk day.
- Volunteer at a Kidney Education Conference where patients gather free of charge for a full day of instruction on a variety of kidney disease subjects.
- Help as an office assistant for seasonal mailings.
- Get involved locally with a Regional Office.
MAKE A DONATION
The Power of the Gift
Each year, the Alabama Kidney Foundation meets thousands of requests for help by distributing more than 70% of its operating budget to kidney patients through its assistance programs. We are able to continue our mission because of generous supporters like you. Your gift can make a difference! Your donation enables us to assist Alabama’s kidney disease patients when they have nowhere else to turn.
Please consider making a difference for thousands of Alabamians today by making a tax-deductible gift to the Foundation. You can donate online by going to the AKF’s Network for Good page.
|Donor (up to $25)||Friend ($500 – $999)|
|Backer ($25 – $99)||Patron ($1,000 – $2,499)|
|Partner ($100 – $249)||Philanthropist ($2,500 – $4,999)|
|Supporter ($250 – $499 up)||Benefactor ($5,000 and up)|
You can mail your check to:
Alabama Kidney Foundation
265 Riverchase Parkway East, Suite 106
Birmingham, AL 35244
(205) 900-7250 + (888) 585-1712 + FAX (205) 848-2006
Interested in volunteering?
North Alabama/Shoals Regional Office
Huntsville Regional Office
Central Alabama/Birmingham Regional Office
Middle Alabama/Montgomery Regional Office
South Alabama/Mobile Regional Office
(251) 721- 0235
Alabama Kidney Foundation’s Legacy Society
The AKF’s Legacy Society honors the charitable individuals who will leave a lasting impact on Alabama’s kidney patients through a gift from their estate. Each year, thousands of kidney patients in need turn to the AKF for financial assistance, education, and support services. As a member of the Legacy Society, you will become part of a group of individuals and families who care about the continuity of critical services the AKF provides to Alabama kidney patients.
A planned gift can be a simple request in your will or a more complex arrangement involving a charitable remainder or lead trust. You can use charitable assets that range from cash and stock to real estate or a life insurance policy.
How to join our Legacy Society
Becoming a Legacy Society member is simple. Include the Alabama Kidney Foundation as a beneficiary of a gift from your estate and notify us that you have done so. We can help you or your professional advisor with recommended language to fulfill your charitable intent.
Benefits of membership
One of the greatest benefits you will receive from becoming a Legacy Society member is knowing that your legacy will continue to help Alabama’s kidney patients for years to come.
Other benefits include:
- Access to our expert staff to help you fulfill your personal philanthropic goals.
- Lapel pin that identifies you as a Legacy Society member and a supporter of the AKF’s mission.
- Invitations to special events throughout the year.
- Recognition in our Legacy Society membership roster (with your permission) as published in various newsletters and publications. Anonymity is also available, either during your lifetime only or beyond, as you wish.