Kidney disease touches all backgrounds and ages; and in its early stages, has no noticeable symptoms. This is why our educational efforts are so important. We address three community needs: patient education, public education and organ donation awareness.
- We provide free printed and web-based education materials to help patients and their family members understand chronic kidney disease.
- We host four annual Patient Education Conferences offered free-of-charge to kidney patients and a family member.
- We host Patient Education Conferences throughout the state every fall. Check with your local Regional Office for updated conference information.
- We produce Kidney Keynotes, our quarterly newsletter, which is mailed to 12,000 households and businesses throughout Alabama.
- Provides free resources for community & corporate health fairs, churches, and other community organized entities.
- Produces free printed and web-based educational materials.
- Promote the prevention of Chronic Kidney Disease and raise awareness of organ donation.
To Request education materials, please contact us at (205)934-2111 or (800)750-3331.